Saturday 7 January 2012

That shift dress with the stuff from the boots....and ohhh...more balloon sleeves...ahhhh

Yes...i didn't post yesterday....all i can say is teething...teething and more teething...that's the end of that chapter....HOWEVER....I would like to show you this recycled dress that I made from all sorts of leftover fabric, boots and stuff...and I mean all sorts so just brace yourselves....you are the judges for this....its quite funny actually...here is the story...now this is the story about how i found this African fabric with Rachel in a shop on Upper Richmond Road (NB::::you never ever ever ever find african fabric on upper richmond road Putney!!!!!...). So we find this beautiful cognac coloured patterned african fabric and I made a sort of knee length shift dress out of it...however for the balloon arms (yes...they're here again) I used a different sort of sari fabric...very light and flowy....and hmmmm...how do I say this for those of you who will be SHELL SHOCKED...okay for the cuffs...i used the leather from my old riding boots...YES!!! there goes....i refuse...no...I UTTERLY REFUSE...the so called credit crunch to get the best of me....NOT now ...not ever...im not throwing these boots away without a fight....just like that...anhhh anhhh..no...no...im using the upper part of them to make cuffs for my dress....this is pure classy expensive Italian leather..they cost me a heap of a dime and I cant let that get to waste..its like slaughtering a chicken and thinking hmmmmm...what do i do with the feathers?? i say make a couture necklace out of them...seriously...ive been to some really "costly" boutiques...and i have seen chicken feathers as part of the pieces on some of these necklaces...AFRICA...take heed...chicken not for just eating..you can make couture necklace tooo.... Enough of the chicken feathers...so i used the boots for sleeves and my goodness....beautiful is the word that flows on my lips...sheer utter beauty...however see what you think.....you could actually wear the dress it as a top (tuck it into a skirt or trouser)...or as a dress or with tights or treggings (skinny jeans) underneath....i'll leave you to decide....here are the pics This is the dress completed....
And yes..oh yes...the picture below says it all....like I said one wasn't ready to let these darling cognac coloured boots just get away like that..ohhhh nooooo...so Akiiki...got her scissors, cut them and made cuffs for her sleeves... they ain't dirty (the boots)... believe me the leather on these is beautiful...here are the riding boots being put to good use....
The collar on the dress is also made from the recycled leather....it needs more work but looks really classy...(yes....the dress with the stuff from the boots...lol)....
And who says a girl cannot own enough jewellery.....xxx
Thanks for reading.....xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment