Wednesday 11 January 2012

The peplum belts.....

One of my current loves is the 40's to 80's fashion so I have recently discovered peplum belts. I was so desperate to make a peplum dress which is very 80's but thought it was going to be too long and hard. So I did some research and discovered peplum belts. I think this is one of my coolest discoveries. I may be late on this but Im glad I found these. So I made a couple. One in denim the other mixed with African fabric (Oh yes!!!). They are not as cheap as I thought they would be. Peplum belts are best won (in my opinion) with plain bodycon or tube dresses or fitting skirts. My model is wearing a blue one and the mixed fabric one, and all you need is a good wide elastic belt.

Anyway here goes.....

This is the front of the belt(african and denim fabric)....


This is the back of the dress....sorry it's not aligned well...was running out of time (taking the pics...)


Side view pics are below...


Actually you could wear it as a shawl or even add it to the top of the dress to give it a different look....what do you think...se the picture below...I'm definately rocking this as a shawl too...


This is the denim one.....front


You could actually use a different colour belt....its does not have to be black... (side view below...)


Back view below.....


This is what it looks like on my mannequin....again,,,you could use it as a shawl or a piece added to a plain bodycon dress....


The picture below was my inspiration,,,you can buy the one below on the outnet for about £320.....xxx


Below is my inspiration for another project...but kind of serves the same purpose for these belts.....


Western Fashion: Currently watching and loving...Anya and her collection...she won Project Runway NY....Season 9



African Fashion: Enjoying South African Fashion too.....watch this video...very interesting pieces....xxx



QUOTE OF THE DAY: Your soul doesn’t care what you do for a living - and when your life is over, neither will you. Your soul cares only about what you are being while you are doing whatever you are doing. Neale Donald Walsch

Thanks for reading..have a great day.....xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment