Thursday 5 January 2012

The sort of...Balmain sleeve inspired dress....

Today's musings include two African print dresses.....sleeves sort of inspired by the balmain shoulder look....I had to use shoulder pads for these to give them edge. They have zips on the side so wearing them is not a hassle (ps: zips are tricky little pies) you have to be really careful while stitching them on especially if you are using a sewing machine. I wanted to accessorize the hem and collar on the blue dress but I thought not as I am giving the wearer the option to accessorize it with jewellery, belt etc as the pictures will reveal...(ps: my mannequin is like size 8) so don't be alarmed and think the dress wont fit...it will do...and I can always make different sizes. The pink print dress is really exceptional... i think ...reason being...I have hand sown gold plates (accessories you can get from a haberdashery) on the collar. I think it gives it edge(PS: my other half mentioned this to me and i totally ignored him however i realised the effect was uber super. The dress can also be worn with the low cut at the back or the front...whichever suits you.....
This is the back of the dress....as I mentioned you can wear it frontside (if that word exists...)
Other musings from the day include netted gloves that I made from old fabric, these are too hard to make..i wont be venturing on the gloveville estate for a while...maybe if I have the time and tenacity....there are some earrings too...made from newsprint fabric....and a tortoise brooch that doesn't work as a brooch for me so I turned it into a ring...very unpedestrian if you ask me...necessity is the mother of invention...a couple of weeks ago i rocked the hugest pair of the newsprint fabric earrings to mother and baby club and goodness me...you would think the wheels on the bus were on my ears....all the babies including mine were in awe....(me having the wheels on my ears.....) and bending the rules on what to adorn you ears with....hmmmm...
Thanks for reading...

No comments:

Post a Comment