Friday 20 January 2012

Meet The Etta Dress.....At Last....Yes!!!! I will be cheesy today.....in memory of Etta James...

I am saddened today by the death of Etta James....I guess sooner or later...death is an inevitable consequence of this beautiful life we live. I will be dedicating this dress to her and any dresses I make that look like this....they will be the Etta line/range/trend....Yes!!!!! I will be cheesy...im on cheeseville street.....with my cheeseboard....I loved Etta and if I have to be cheesy to prove it.....I will be doing it full onnnn!!!!

So I had this top that (I do not want to say hideous)...okay it was just a cringe binge...you look at it and think....hell no!!!!.....and as usual....scissors and ideas...here is the top....below,,,speaking for itself....xx



I am all for recycling...I do my bit for the world...okay Im not very very good at washing out tins of baked beans and tinned tomato and rinsing them out and hanging them to dry and then putting them in that orange plastic recycling bag....unnnnnhhhhhh...no Im not....but I am getting there....very slowly....(sorry!!!! to my green peace recycling friends = soon come!!!!). Okay sorry I drifted off there...so I had this cringe tarty top....took my scissors, it became a tank top and I got more confused...because I would not even wear it IN THE HOUSE....goodness me!!!!...okay okay let me get straight to the point...CUSTOMISATION......I had to customise it....can't do the tins...but will do the top....there's my lil bit for the recyclerations......

I had the usual, african fabric, and I made this sort of balloon skirt pumpkin looking thingie.... attached to the top....best won with "over the top jewellery"...if you haven't got the jewellery....over the top lipstick...its up to you.....I believe in clashing or accessorising with over the top jewellery, well I adorned it with a clash tag fringe necklace...meaning = you kinda need to colour block it with a piece of clashing jewellery...that's how I would wear it....xxxx

Here is the dress below....enjoy.....xxx



Picture below shows the accessory I used to compliment the Etta dress....xxx



And the picture below was my inspiration



Currently watching Cindy Co from STYLELIKEU....I love her style...she has an amazing method of mixing her outfits and looking very chic but very effortless...we all learn and I am continuously learning from her....xxxx


Cindy Ko Closet Interview With StyleLikeU from StyleLikeU on Vimeo.



Currently watching Africa Fashion Week in London during 2011. Love the fresh designs and textures.....






RIP Etta James




QUOTE OF THE DAY: It is all about falling in love with yourself and sharing that love with someone who appreciates you, rather than looking for love to compensate for a self love deficit. Eartha Kitt

Thanks for reading and have a beautiful weekend....will see you all next week.....xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment