Monday 9 January 2012

Denim, African fabric and a skirt.....

So I randomly found this skirt that I tried to experiment with a while back and it did not seem to be working out for me.....as usual scissors and machine....a couple of times I did feel like ripping it to bits but I guess the result in the end was quite lovely. It sort of made me feel like there's a certain form of perfection in imperfections....I would wear this skirt anywhere because it fits well and I have never EVER seen this design anywhere...

if you have...good on you.....It is a high waits denim skirt with African fabric at the bottom but denim frills for the hem. Ahhhh....yes...for the "high waist" part of the skirt...I used the upper part of highwaist denim trousers...the whole creation is recycled stuff. The back part of the skirt is also denim from the old pair of pants.....here goes...enjoy the pics
The skirt above is the finished product.
Above is the grandma like style it was before...hmmmm....glad I rethought this.....



Above is the denim bit of old pants I used....xxx


The photos do not do it much justice but I am of the opinion that it is a lovely skirt.....

Currently watching middle eastern (Beijing Fashion week), I think they are great at couture and the world needs to know more about this....look out for their shoes....WOOOWWWWWW!!!



Also enjoying African Fashion, love the models in this video, their modesty and how humble they are....reminds me so much of home...xx



And another fashion show I absolutely enjoyed today was the Michael Kors show at the New York Fashion Week for Spring 2012, I think Khaki and black and white animal print will be in season this spring and summer...but you can still rock gold pants and feather jackets and still look cool...there's no rule to the game of fashion.....xxx



QUOTE OF THE DAY
"A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others down others or be better than them…" by Ayn Rand


Thanks for reading and have a great day.....xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment