Monday 16 January 2012

The PatrellaPan/BalloonSleeve/Leather/Baby Doll dress

Hello lovely readers....please meet the Patrella Pan dress....okay this again was an experiment which I am pleased with coz I think its worked great....The sleeves are the norm - balloon sleeves....the fabric for the dress is from a vintage stall on Portobello road...its got a gold tint to it....the pics (NOTE TO SELF - SHD INVEST IN GREAT CAMERA) don't do it any justice, its knee-length, free fitting, you can use a belt with it if you wish... .....I think its a beautiful dress...tell me what you think of it.

The cuffs on the sleeves are leather (this leather is from a hideous pair of trousers given to me as a present) sorry my darling friend!!! if you are reading this....I took my scissors and did some damage....but I know she would love the result...so I used the leather from the trousers to make the cuffs....and the collar too. I sewed some pearls onto the leather collar to give it that Peter Pan effect (hence the dress' name Patrella Pan).

Remember last week I posted about a project I was working on...well these pics will tell the Patrella Pan story.....

This is the beautiful leather fabric from the hideous leather pants (given as a present)......love the fabric not the pants....honestly...I wore these....lemme put it this way...you know when you try on a pair of pants and think....not in a million years will I ever pull this off....not in a billion.....but you still put them to good use.....xxxx

Here goes the story in pictures.....


This part was for the collar....xxx (leather and pearls)


The Results...
This dress to me represents freedom....Its comfortable....all seasonal.....its basically a no brainer...you donot have to try to hard with this piece...you will still look stunning....priceless if anything....hope you enjoyed it....

African Fashion: Currently watching.....Fatima Robinson....if you asked me what beautiful is....she is....if you asked me what freedom feels like.....it feels like her words.......xxx

StyleLikeU Closet Interview With Fatima Robinson from StyleLikeU on Vimeo.



Western Fashion:Taylor Forrest on Stylelikeu....I love her style and her movement...and those killer killer wedges...wowwwww!!!!....!!!!

Taylor Forrest for Stlyelikeu.com from StyleLikeU on Vimeo.



QUOTE OF THE DAY: IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAY IN YOUR ENTIRE LIFE IS THANK YOU....IT WILL BE ENOUGH......XXXX

No comments:

Post a Comment