Monday 12 March 2012

Akiikii Fashion Week, Arise Magazine Fashion Week 2012, Natural Beauty:Model Spotlight Ataui Deng,

Excuse me while I run around the room screaming and jumping up and down and doing a strange african dance!!!! YEEESSSSS....FIST UP IN THE IAR....AIR....XXXX

Yes,,,,I say again, I received an email from the very talented, beautiful and gorgeous designer Ayo van Elmar, please check out her website and designs here....Her designs are amazing and will blow your mind..... They also have an honest and very ethical feel about them.

Ayo van Elmar emailed me......yaaaayyyyyyyy....remember I am still running around the room....the strange african dance has stopped...coz I will wake the child anddddd....the strange dance has wore me out!!!.....I feel so honoured and humbled...I feel encouraged to continue showcasing the gorgeous talent and designs we have from Africa and around the whole world...I feel...I feel...I feel good tununununu...(James Brown song) I am ecstatic. Hope you can understand how this feels.....

This week is my very own fashion week....the Akiikii fashion week....Each day I will post about different items I have made....xxx

While I was covering all the other fashion weeks, I was kind of making Akiiki stuff....I posted about the Marni collection for H&M....remember!!!! and I could not wait to get my hands on those yummmy yum yum...african print tights....I just could not wait....and hold up....I COULD NOT AFFORD!!!!...you know how it goes in the Akiiki lab = scissors, african fabric, sewing machine.

I made some tights for myself and have been asked everywhere I go where I get them from...."Uhmmm...I made them"...is all I answer....and the rest goes on.....but heeyyyyyy!!! they are double yummmmmm yummmmm yummmyyyyyy....I love them so much I could make a dish out of them...and in my love for all things african....have decided to make them in different prints....heeyyyy...you know how it is....hahahahaha....different colours for different outfits....look!!! the world is your oyster so knock yourself out...life is too short.....I also conjured up some african print earrings with gold leaf...playing around with different textures and materials....it was from the remnant from the tights...yessss!!!!!I am doing my bit for recycling.....The front of the tights is gorgeous yummy African fabric...the back is jersey fabric.....xxxx

Here are the pictures....enjoy....













THE AFRICAN FABRIC EARRINGS (the centre = breathtaking map of Africa is made of gold leaf...)










Inspiration for African fabric tights







ARISE MAGAZINE FASHION WEEK 2012


MUSTAFA HANNALI PRESENTS "THE AFRIKALOS COLLECTION"























MODEL SPOTLIGHT - ATAUI DENG

Born in Khartoum, Sudan




























QUOTE OF THE DAY



THANKS FOR READING...HAVE A VERRRRRYYYYY DELIGHTFUL DAY......XXXXX

No comments:

Post a Comment