Friday 16 March 2012

Akiiki Fashion Week:Kiikii, Arise Magazine Fashion Week Christie Brown, Haute Haute Jewellery Nadia Dafri

Day five = Akiiki Fashion Week....the fabric kitchen has cooked up another pair of tights....yes!!! Kiikii, more African fabric tights.....again...i adore this print....red is one of my favourite colours and the prints blend well with every colour....same as the zuri tights and the ones before those....african fabric at the front however this one has red Lycra at the back....black jersey for the back would have been too big a contrast. I thought it worked out for the best...what do you think'????

I guess some of you may wonder why all the fuss and love for African print and fabric....to be honest...I have never seen any better prints that could top african print....if you were creative with it....you would be amazed at how much it could change your wadrobe and notion of "the print is just resigned to African events" is so wrong. I am sort of recreating my wadrobe and incorporating African print in pieces of clothing that I want to get rid of but could make something different out of it...a sort of trend it splurge rather than spend spend it..I tell you something...when you have kids...it all changes...yes...the wardrobe does change and the bank account but you can still dress to thrill and kill without having to stress the bank balance....incorporate different textures, fabric and colours into your clothes and the transformation will amaze you...xx

I dish up the Kiikii tights.....














ARISE MAGAZINE FASHION WEEK 2012: CHRISTIE BROWN PRESENTS XUTRA
























HAUTE HAUTE JEWELLERY: FEATURING NADIA DAFRI


I have a huuuuuuggggeeee crash on...this Fabric jewelry designer that combines the visual power of large asymmetrical compositions to the delicate caress of textiles. Her work is beyong amazing...it is too beautiful and inspiring...I got goose bumps when I studied her work......brace yourselves.....get a chair....this will blow your mind.....xxxx























QUOTE OF THE DAY




THANKS FOR READING.....HAVE A BEAUTIFUL WEEKEND...SEE YOU NEXT WEEK....XXXX

1 comment: