Tuesday 12 November 2013

ASOS AFRICA 2013 FASHION COLLECTION COLLABORATION WITH SOKO KENYA. BLACK LOVE, TELL ME WHAT YOU LOVE

ASOS AFRICA 2013 COLLECTON / CAMPAIGN


Well...I know its coming to the end of the year and yuppp...ASOS have done it again...launched the 2013 collection...in collaboration with SOKO KENYA...click here to view other SOKO collaborations ///my opinion and just MINE....all I can say is I just cant wait to see their 2014 collection. This collection looks nice but too safe...not wowed but its okay..i guess for thoset that love subtle hints of prints.. I thought they could have done better with the African print..I mean there's far better prints out there...but thats just my opinion. I guess if asked my advice would be venture out to Africa...have an open mind...look at what the other African designers are doing....and GO FOR IT...nothing about African print says subtle and safe...African prints are loud, busy, OTT,full of life, gutsy and daring why...because loud colours and busy prints to some of us Africans is therapy for struggles, perseverance, resilience......e.g this outfit  daring. pants are loud, big, OTT, all the things I have mentioned but the vest top is gentle but still loud....like i said...this is just my opinion...free speech, free world..free mind..open mind....i guess i just dont do safe but big thanks to Teresa for sending me the photos....

See more of their collection here














IMAGES COURTESY OF ASOS HERE HERE FOR MORE OF THEIR OTHER COLLECTIONS



































































































































































Someone asked me today what my greatest loves were...told them to read tonight and find out here...

the sound of my son's voice
the smell of rain hitting the earth
the smell of fresh cut grass
a very good book that makes me cry in the end and gives me withdrawal symptoms
good choclate
a man with humour and a good body
making love
kissing and being kissed on the neck
painting
drawing
watching people who are unaware I am watching..not pervy like but there's an indescribable beauty about people just going about their daily lives
watching first love couples
the smell of a new born baby
being in love
writing love poems to the one
flowers and leaves
cooking
watching people laugh
a good cup of hot chocolate or spiced black tea
my family
my friends
my experiences
my dreams
Africa
you..

Tell me...WHAT DO YOU LOVE....xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment